Have you been thinking about stepping up your biking game for 2022? Whether your goal is to enter a cycling race or simply improve your fitness and stamina, here are some great ways to bike into spring this year.
5 Ways To Get Into Gear
Biking season is almost here, and now is the time to start preparing. Whether you currently have a bike or you haven’t ridden in years and you need to buy a new bike, here are five specific ways to get into gear in time for spring riding season.
- Get a bike basket if you plan to ride your bike to the grocery store or to run other errands. The best bike basket is the type that fits nicely on your bike and has enough room for a couple of grocery bags or other items.
- Figure out how to afford a nice bike. There are a lot of cheap bikes out there, but they are often heavy and made with materials that degrade easily in inclement weather. If you’re serious about making bike riding a lifestyle, take the time to find a quality bike that will last for years to come. You don’t have to break the bank, but you may need to finance your bike. Look for a bike shop that offers bicycle financing no credit check
- Get yourself a nice pair of padded shorts. It’s no secret that riding a bike for longer than five minutes can lead to soreness and discomfort. Even if you have a padded seat, you’ll notice the pressure on your derriere after a lengthy ride. To help increase your comfort during your rides, invest in at least one pair of padded cycling shorts. You’ll be happy you did!
- Purchase a few tools to help with emergency bike repairs. You’ll need to have some spare bicycle tubes on hand for those days when you get an unexpected flat while riding. There are small tire pumps you can buy that attach to the frame of your bicycle, or you may want to try CO2 canisters. You should also invest in a small bicycle tool kit that will help you get the tires off your bike, tighten up loose spokes, and take care of other minor repair needs.
- Buy a good helmet. Quality helmets are typically more expensive than low-quality helmets, but they offer a greater degree of safety and impact resistance. If you want to be safe during your ride, investing in a quality helmet is worth it.
If you’re a senior and you want to take up bike riding with minimal risk of hurting yourself, you may want to invest in a step through electric bike. You can find the best step through electric bike for seniors with a little online research.
Create a Bike Meet Up
Do you want company during your spring bike rides? Create a bike meet up. It’s a great way to get to know new people or forge stronger relationships with people you already know. You can create a bike meet up online using social media forums to find fellow bike riders near you. You’ll find that riding with others can make your bike rides even more enjoyable.