No matter how wonderful the term paper is, but without a successful plagiarism check, this is just theoretical reading. The most offensive thing is that uniqueness is low, even when scientific work is written from scratch. In this article, we will analyze how to check the term paper so as not to get an unpleasant surprise.
Plagiarism and term paper
Plagiarism check is an indicator of the level of originality and uniqueness of the text. The higher the score, the better. The main reason why teachers are concerned about this indicator is the desire to check whether the student himself prepared the work or copied someone else’s version. The goals are as clear as possible, aren’t they?
- Plagiarism is the borrowing of other people’s thoughts, works, publications, and the presentation of such materials as their own developments. Globally, this is copyright infringement. At the level of term paper, there is a simpler and more understandable definition – hack. So, it’s not advisable to cheat.
- Bad rewriting is also plagiarism.
- If you took and copied several fragments from other coursework or diplomas and combined them into supposedly your coursework, you should not count on a positive result.
- If you rearranged words in sentences or somehow changed phrases, but the “portrait” of the source is obvious, this is not an author’s work.
- If you drove someone else’s text through synonymization programs and think you have coped, see the results of the first two points.
- Term papers cannot be complete without citations. The quotes themselves are not unique a priori. However, firstly, there is always the same 15 remaining percent in stock (we remind you that the exchange rate should be unique, preferably 85%), and secondly, correctly formatted footnotes and links on legal grounds can be excluded during the verification and in no way harm the overall indicator.
Requirements for the uniqueness of coursework
An indicator of 85% and above is an indicative and desired result. In fact, specific numbers depend on the internal policy of the educational institution and the chosen discipline. But do not rely on leniency towards solid highlighted texts when checking for plagiarism.
The faculty and direction, even within the same university, can also differ in their requirements for uniqueness. For example, medical and technical students are given an indulgence of up to 50%. This is logical, given the specifics of terminology, a large number of formulas, calculations, etc.
Natural science specialties become a reason to pass a term paper with 65% uniqueness. The smallest “indulgences” are for sociological and humanitarian faculties – 70-75%.
So now the main thing. Check with your instructor for the percentage you want. Also, this information should be contained in the guidelines. By the way, don’t be lazy and grab this useful brochure from the pulpit. The desired verification system may also be indicated there.
And most importantly – do not focus on the lower limit, leave yourself in reserve up to 5% of uniqueness above. Checks can “jump” and there will be an unpleasant surprise on the defense.
Don’t count on the teachers’ carelessness or stupidity. Often they see plagiarism from the first lines because they have already read and re-read the same works. Check your coursework. And if there is no time or desire to write on your own – contact essay paper writing service. And then there will be no problems with any student work.