Only a few travelers who visit the capital of the Republic of Ireland know that this city is a brilliant shopping center. Once in Dublin, walk through the local stores to find the riches of that unique place. Vintage shopping in Dublin offers a wonderful opportunity to explore unique fashion pieces, retro accessories, and treasures.
These places offer various items from different time periods, such as clothing styles from the 1920s to the 1990s, retro furniture, books, vintage vinyl records, and antique jewelry. The city boasts several vintage stores and markets that invite you to indulge in a nostalgic shopping experience.
“Marrowbone,” “Freebird Records,” “Designer Exchange,” “Rhinestones,” “Hennypenny Vintage,” and “Bohemia Flea Market” are only a few examples of places where you can find local vintage riches in Dublin. Yet, there are always several flea markets operating throughout the city all year long. You will find some of them on Stephen’s Green, Drury Street, Aungier Street, Mary Street, and St. Andrew Street.
How unique is vintage shopping in Dublin?
Also, the vintage market in Dublin is highly efficient when it comes to supporting local and independent businesses. Indeed, such stores successfully link people through economic as well as social webs. Overall, vintage shopping in Dublin offers an astonishing chance to celebrate the past and incorporate individuality into your personal style. Such stores present travellers with retro fashion and a wide range of accessories.
Due to the authentic shop, the main streets of Dublin become the centers of activity, where business associations, together with local governments, create and preserve the special character of their city. It drives up the city’s appeal and attracts tourists to the community. This creates a positive impact on local attractions, adjacent hotels, and tours.
Best Antique Shops in Dublin
Take a look at some of the highlights of Dublin’s vintage shopping that will make your experience in the local stores unforgettable:
- To start with, make sure to check on the unique clothing at Dublin Vintage Factory. The store’s address is 1 Merchant’s Arch, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 YD98, Ireland. You will easily recognize it by the shop’s bright pink exterior and dozens of stickers on the wall. The Vintage Factory is a part of the bigger vintage store called “Lucy’s Lounge.” There, you will enjoy the amazing 1980s aesthetics in clothing and accessories. The “hunters” for local values and cultures will especially appreciate Dublin’s vintage jewelry and accessories there.
- Next, “Jenny Vander” offers a large variety of vintage clothing, jewelry, and other authentic items for your wardrobe. The store is famous for its products that carry 1920s style. Moreover, the shop presents different selections of items depending on the season. Therefore, customers can always find clothing to their taste at any time of the year. To get there, proceed to 50 Drury St, Dublin, D02 K462, Ireland.
- To continue with, “Freebird Records” presents an excellent choice if you are looking for vintage vinyl and books. Available at 15A Wicklow St, Dublin, D02 C924, Ireland, this authentic shop offers a wide range of second-hand vinyl records.
- “Siopaella” is another store where you can explore the local vintage riches. This shop invites you to pick designer yet cost-friendly clothes. “Siopaella” features both slightly used and brand new designer clothing and accessories. It is available at 29 Wicklow Street, Dublin 2, County Dublin, Ireland.
- Finally, make sure to visit “Marrowbone Books” if you are looking for unique literature purchases. Hundreds of second-hand books there will introduce you to their previous user’s reading journey as well as invite you to your own. You can find this shop at 78 The Coombe, Dublin 8, Ireland.
Rent a Car for Your Flexible Vintage Hunt in Dublin
Once you decided on your vintage adventure in Dublin, it is the right time to think about the appropriate transportation. The most efficient way to travel around the city is to use the Rental24.co.uk car hire in Dublin. Car rental adds sufficient flexibility and independence to your ride. Meanwhile, the huge variety of affordable hire offers allows you to find the perfect transportation that would meet your travel expectations.
The website presents an excellent choice of vehicles for any taste. You can choose from minivans, vans, compact, economy, luxury, convertible, trucks, and other cars of all types and sizes. Take a glance to find the best deal for your convenient transportation in Dublin.