If you feel hesitant about smiling due to teeth that you think could be whiter, this article is for you. Nowadays, there are numerous options to choose from that will whiten your teeth. An abundance of tools are available to bring back your smile’s brilliance, ranging from in-office professional treatments to commercial products you can use in the comfort of your home. Do not use teeth bleaching or whitening kits if you are pregnant. Swallowing even a trace amount of the chemicals and ingredients in these kits is enough to potentially cause harm to the fetus. Instead make sure that you wait until after your baby is born to try a teeth whitening program. Lets read Teeth Whitening Tips For A Great Smile.
Trick to consider:
- Use mouthwash sparingly as it can add to discoloration of the teeth. Many mouthwashes contain alcohol or other stain causing chemicals. These can also be absorbed into the soft tissues in the mouth under the tongue and into your system. If you can avoid them altogether, this is the better option.
- Be sure to choose a tooth whitening product carefully. Find one that has a mid-range bleaching agent in it. If you are not getting the results that you want but are tolerating it well, you can then step up to the next level of bleaching agent in it. Make sure that it has the ADA seal on it.
- Use strawberries for naturally whiter looking teeth. Reports show that strawberries can produce whiter teeth. Believe it or not, rubbing a cut strawberry on your teeth can whiten them. To maximize effect, leave the strawberry mash or juice on your teeth for about five minutes before you rinse your mouth.
- If you are trying to get whiter teeth, keep appointments regularly with your dental office to have your teeth cleaned. The professional cleaning will remove a good bit of the tarter and stains that have built up over time. This can help you get whiter teeth, and it can stave off gum disease and decay.
- Practice good oral hygiene to whiten your teeth and keep your smile bright. Brush your teeth at least twice a day and floss regularly to remove food particles that become trapped between them. Taking good care of your teeth is one of the best ways to keep them clean, white and healthy for years to come.
- To get professional teeth whitening done at an affordable price, look for a dental school or dental hygiene training program in your area and let a student dentist or hygienist do the job. Costs at dental schools are much, much less than at a professional dental office and while the work is carried out by a student, there is always a licensed dentist on-hand supervising all work done by the students.
- Avoid drinking water with fluoride in it. Fluoride has been proven to damage your teeth. It can discolor or stain your teeth. It can even damage the enamel. Many areas have banned water with fluoride in it all together. Even so, it is a good idea to check and make sure.
- To maintain the results of your whitening, stay away from cigarettes and processed foods. Teeth friendly foods like apples, celery, and carrots will keep your teeth healthy and bright. Chewing on a sugar free gum can also be very helpful, as it stimulates the production of saliva, which can lead to a cleaner mouth.
- When using over the counter teeth whitening products, make sure that you follow the instructions exactly. Some people may try to leave strips or gels on their teeth longer than directed in an effort to enhance or quicken results. This can cause irritation to your gums and result in inflammation. Stick to the directions and exercise patience.
If you feel any sort of discomfort when trying to whiten your teeth yourself, discontinue the products you are using. You can increase your sensitivity and cause inflammation by using whitening products. If any of these problems occur, discontinue your use of the product immediately, and make an appointment with your dentist to talk about other options.In this day and age, there is absolutely no reason to have dull, dingy teeth since there are so many whitening solutions. There are kits you can use at home, special toothpastes or professional treatments that all give you a white smile. Many are affordable and you can see results quickly.