It is important to you because not only is there a special meaning behind it, but it is quite valuable as well. This article will provide tips on how to properly care for your jewelry. When you go jewelry shopping, make sure that it is with people you know and trust that can help you find what it is that you need. There should ideally be at least two people to help you with your shopping experience. The first should be an experienced and trustworthy jeweler. The other should be a loved one or good friend. Here are The Best Advice For Potential Jewelry Buyers.
Tips For Jewelary:
- Make sure you know what to look for when buying platinum jewelry. Platinum needs to be at least 95% pure in order for it to be considered real platinum. If it’s lower it is platinum alloy. Also, be aware that platinum can develop a patina, which many people feel gives jewelry a nice antique look. This jewelry also does not wear away and is hypoallergenic.
- IF you’re thinking of buying your child jewelry, a charm bracelet is an excellent way to go. Add a new charm at every milestone, such as, his or her first lost tooth. When your child grows up, he or she will have a special story that is attached with each charm.
- Keep your jewelry pieces looking beautiful by protecting them from tarnish. For example, avoid taking your jewelry somewhere it can get wet. Lots of jewelry materials are dulled or tarnished by water exposure. It is wise to place a single coat of transparent nail lacquer on jewelry in order to protect it.
- When it comes to wearing jewelry, your best bet is to always keep it simplistic. A simple necklace and a couple of rings provide a sleek look. One bracelet with a simple pair of earrings is fashion forward all the time. Don’t over do your jewelry and the focus will remain on you and your most special pieces.
How to clean:
- Consider the stones whenever you buy jewelry. Purchase stones that are a reflection of you who are, and match your skin tone as well. Pieces in neutral tones work well with any item in your wardrobe. Having a beautiful piece of jewelry is pretty worthless if you cannot wear it.
- Shop the sales to get great jewelry on a budget. You can save big money with the right sale. Check online, in the store windows, and in the paper for the greatest sales. Consider buying something that is out of style to get a better deal.
- To get a stubborn knot out of a necklace chain, sprinkle the knot with cornstarch or baby powder. The powder slips into each nook and cranny, lubricating the metal and making it much easier to untie the knot with your fingers. If the knot is particularly difficult, you may need to use a sewing needle to help.
- Although it may seem obvious, never wear any type of jewelry when you are swimming. Not only is the water itself a bit difficult on the piece, but most swimming pools are treated with chemicals that will cause lasting damage to the piece, if it does not ruin it completely.
- If you are looking to get more for your money when purchasing a piece of jewelry, consider going to retailers that are not associated with a mega brand name. Typically, those companies carry a huge markup just for the inscription of their company name or logo in the item of jewelry. Be a smart shopper, and find items similar at other stores for a better price.
Sizing rings is a very important process in the purchase of rings, especially when purchasing engagement or wedding ring sets. An improperly sized ring can cause damage to the ring itself. If it is too large, the owner runs the risk of losing the ring. Make sure the sizing is correct, even if the ring is a surprise. It is better to be safe than sorry! In conclusion, you want to make sure that your jewelry lasts a lifetime. You currently are careful with it and try to take care of it, however you want to make sure that you are doing everything you can to keep it looking beautiful. Follow the tips provided and you should be happy with the results.