From knowing how to control your diet to figuring out the right types of exercises you can do to keep your blood sugar properly balanced, you have the power to live a normal and productive life if you have diabetes. If you’re craving french fries but are watching your weight due to Diabetes, try sweet potato fries! Slice up a sweet potato and sprinkle salt, pepper, and other spices on it (Cajun spice mix also works well.) Bake it at 425 for about 30 minutes and you’ll have sweet, scrumptious fries to eat!here we share Tips For Taking Care Of Yourself If You Have Diabetes
Tips And Tricks:
- Diabetics must remember that cough lozenges are still candies! Try to buy herbal lozenges which are sweetened with honey, or options that have artificial sweeteners, to make sure that your blood sugar doesn’t spike while you have a cough or cold. We have to be so careful about absolutely everything we ingest!
- Do not skip meals, especially breakfast. When you let too much time lapse between meals or skip a meal completely, you risk having your blood glucose levels drop too low. Diabetics who eat breakfast, lunch and dinner without skipping any meals are much more likely to have normal glucose readings.
- Make sure to take your diabetes medications exactly as directed. You are NOT a doctor, nor is anyone else giving you advice other than your physician. They tell you how often to take your prescriptions and how much you should take at a time because they know, so follow their directions.
- DefeatDiabetes.org helps people who are struggling financially to receive supplies which will help them keep their diabetes under control. You can get as much as 35% cash back on purchases through their store, and they have additional programs to give you even deeper discounts if you ask for help through their website.
- Online pharmacies can be a lot cheaper than a physical location for diabetic medication. You can order diabetes medication or supplies on a monthly basis, so that you’ll get your new shipment each month before your prescriptions run out.
How to cure:
- If you have diabetes, it is important that you take care of your feet. Simple cuts can turn into infections for diabetics, which in turn can cause serious health problems, such as gangrene and even amputation. Check your feet daily and if you notice any cuts or other irregularities, see your doctor.
- Have a bedtime snack. While you sleep, your blood sugar levels can drop seriously low. To avoid morning hypoglycemia, have a small snack to keep your blood sugar levels high. The perfect snack before bed? A peanut butter sandwich or a banana. Anything with fiber is a great idea for snacks at this time.
- To reduce the sugar in your diet, try using light or low-fat products when you cook. These products aren’t just lower in fat- they also contain less sugar and sodium. This is a great way to continue to use things like peanut butter, sour cream, and cheese in your cooking.
- Monitor your blood sugar at the same time every day. This helps you to know your body and to better anticipate any change of schedule or any problem. In addition, you can better control your intake of sugar, if you know what your blood level is. Monitoring times should be as regularly as you like.
- If you have diabetes, you should aim to drink as much water as you can. This particularly holds true when your blood glucose is elevated because high blood sugar can cause a large amount of urination. Therefore, you need to drink water to prevent yourself from dehydrating during this time.
Often, you can prevent the occurrence and even reverse the onset of adult onset type-two diabetes. While type one diabetes revolves around a disorder of the pancreas and remains more or less permanent, type two diabetes is directly affected by the foods you consume and the exercise you perform. By adopting a healthier lifestyle, you put less strain on your body and may lessen the effects of diabetes. Getting and staying healthy with diabetes will help to ensure that your blood glucose levels are always normal. This means that you won’t end up suffering from dead tissue and amputations, blindness, or other complications. It’s important that you use the tips provided in this article to assist with diabetes.