Whether this is your first time hiring a cleaning company for your carpets or your tenth, more information could never hurt. Knowing what to look for in a cleaning company could help you get a better deal on the service. Use the guide below to find yourself a great company for your carpets. Inquire about the fees they charge to move furniture. Many companies will not tell you this right away, but many of them charge fees if they have to move your furniture in order to clean your carpet. It would save you a bit of money if you remove all of the furniture yourself before they get there. Trouble Getting Those Spots Out Try These Ideas
Tips for Carpet Cleaning:
- Always vacuum any carpet before cleaning it. Vacuum loose soil to avoid spreading stains or making them penetrate deeper into your carpet. Your results won’t be great if the products are apply to a carpet that’s full of loose dirt. Blot up as much liquid as possible before vacuuming the area.Trouble Getting Those Spots Out Try These Ideas
- Salt is an efficient and affordable product you can use to clean your carpet. Salt will absorb liquids such as wine or grease. You should pour enough salt to cover the stain and wait a few minutes. Most of the stain will be absorbed by the salt if you react quickly enough.
- Consider having your carpets cleaned with the new water-free method. Water can cause the stains and dirt to only sink deeper into the carpet and even into the padding underneath. This is why many companies are changing their method of cleaning. Look into this service before you decide on which company to choose.
Tips for Hiring Companies:
- Ask people you trust to refer a good carpet cleaning company. Anyone can claim to be able to do a good job, but you do not want to let anyone in your house to do such a delicate job unless you know they will do a great job. Talk to friends and family members to find out if they recommend anyone in your area.
- When hiring a carpet cleaning company, ask if the technicians have to undergo any formal training. Many companies use specific methods and products, and you want to make sure the technician knows how to use those things properly. Misusing chemicals can damage your carpets, and methods that are not used correctly can lead to carpets remaining dirty.
- Take advantage of current promotions and specials being run at the carpet cleaning companies in your area. Sometimes you can find a new company looking to build their clientele base, giving away great deals to first time customers. Doing your research into this can end up saving you money and finding you a great new company.
- Who you hire to clean your carpets depends on what style of cleaning they offer and what type of carpet you have. If you have carpet using man-made fibers, you can use a wet carpet cleaner, such as a steamer or wet chemicals. If it’s natural fibers, you have to use dry chemicals.
- Ask for an estimate before you have any carpet cleaning done in your home. Some companies run specials, but may have a fine print clause. Some companies clean by room size. Talk to any company you are considering and find out all the costs involved so you do not get a surprise when it comes time to pay.
- When hiring a carpet cleaning company, only let uniformed technicians or those with identification into your home. These people are essentially strangers to you, and you want to make sure that the person at your door represents the company as a professional should. This helps you to know that there is a trustworthy person there who you can feel comfortable with.
Use a small carpet shampoo machine and go over the rug at least two times. Allow the rug to air dry completely before moving it back indoors. This method can only be used in warm, dry weather. Now, you are ready to get started looking for the company that will get your carpets spotless. You should be happy you have taken the time to learn all that you have just learned. Apply these tips to your search for a cleaner and the results that you get will be flawless.