We do not know all the causes of cancer, but we have learned to pinpoint factors that can lead to or protect from cancer. The following are several tips relating to cancer and how to cut your risk of developing it. One way to reduce your risk of cancer is to get immunized. Hepatitis B and HPV (human papillomavirus) can both lead to cancer. The Hep B vaccine is routinely given to infants, but is also recommended for adults who are considered at risk, such as people with multiple sexual partners or who are regularly exposed to blood. Lets read Great Guide On How To Battle Cancer
Tips to consider:
- Listening to relaxing music can often calm your mind when issues regarding the future come to pass while dealing with cancer and the treatments. Many people are able to quiet the depressing thoughts that come into their mind by listening to music that makes them happy or excites them.
- You should meditate during those times when you are really struggling with cancer. It can help you to stay mentally focused and not just think about the cancer. It can give you the mental strength to fight the cancer and really take control of your life.
- Create a strategy to cope with the feelings you may have. Not everyone deals with illness and stress the same way. Sit down and ask yourself what works for you. Do you like to mediate? Are you the type to pray? Is talking to others a relief to you? Find out what works best.
- A good tip to deal with cancer in general is to make sure you earn yourself some good karma points. Donating to cancer research and other cancer-specific charities helps you to feel good and will certainly help assist in the ongoing fight against this brutal disease. And if karma is real, airing on its good side wouldn’t hurt.
- Berries can be a very strong ally if you are trying to prevent contracting cancer. A wide assortment of berries like raspberries, blueberries and strawberries are full of anthocyanidins, phytochemicals, and other phenolic compounds that have cancer-fighting properties and antioxidant powers. Something as simple as a berry can help prevent cancer.
- Numerous studies have been conducted on garlic and its many medicinal qualities, but one of garlic’s best medical benefits is that it helps to eliminate the cancer-causing cells produced in the body. People who eat garlic are able to kill upwards of 139% more tumor cells in the body than people who do not eat it.
- Being a full participant in your treatment program, as opposed to just letting doctors treat you, maximizes your chance of recovery. Do not mentally step back from what is going on around you. This is not the approach you should take to improve your health.
- When you’re battling cancer, it’s important to try to sleep without the aid of medications and alcohol. Falling asleep naturally, and for a long time if possible, will help your body’s cells to regenerate and become healthier. When you’re tired, try to give into the sleep, rather than fight it.
- Be mindful of your exposure to BPA. This synthetic estrogen is often found in canned goods, water bottles and other items. Research has shown that BPA has the potential to cause cancer, so try to eat more frozen foods and look for water bottles that are labeled as BPA free.
- Make sure that you are up-to-date on your immunizations. Viral infections can have an impact on certain types of cancer so ask your doctor whether you have received all the necessary immunizations. In particular find out whether you have the Hepatitis B and HPV immunizations; these can help prevent liver cancer and cervical cancer.
There are online risk calculators that you can use to determine if you are at risk of getting breast cancer. They contain questionnaires that help women determine if they are in the high risk category for developing invasive breast cancer. These are not completely accurate but can give you an idea about whether it is something you should discuss with your doctor. As mentioned earlier, we do not know every cause of cancer, but we can take what we do know and put it into action. Once you know how to cut your risk of developing cancer, you can make informed choices. So, take what you have learned from these tips and put that knowledge into action. Every choice that you make now can be one that impacts your change of getting cancer.