Many aspects of online technology can be very intimidating to newcomers, but blogging does not need to be one of them. Everyone can benefit from learning how to effectively inform and entertain visitors that come to their website, through the art of blogging. Take some tips from this article to make your blogs come alive and have the desired effect on readers. This helps readers know when you’ll be posting your next post. On the other hand, if you post two blog entries two days apart, then don’t post another post for a week, people will get out of the habit of reading your blog. How To Rise Above The Competition In Blogging
How to do Blogging:
- Ensure that you are posting very often in the blogs that you operate. At the minimum, you should aim to post one time on each blog every single day during the weekdays. Of course, posting more is always welcome. This shows your visitors that you are a very active blogger, which will make them more prone to keep visiting your blogs.
- Be sure that you are taking adequate care of yourself. You want your writing to be fresh and exciting, and it is hard to think well when you are overly tired or hungry. While you are working, take breaks often to give your brain a chance to rest, and make sure that you are eating throughout the day.
- Use stirring titles that will generate responses or debates. Make your titles intriguing enough to entice your readers to continue reading, and voice their opinion, or ask questions that beg the reader to include their thoughts. Do not be drawn into conflict whenever possible, but moderate the conversation with your own input.
- Commenting on other blogs is one of the best ways to generate traffic to your blog. If you read an interesting article, write a compelling comment that offers a unique perspective. Include a link to your blog. The people who read your comment will likely want to read more of what you have to say, and will visit your blog.
- Give your readers every possible way to follow and share your blog. If you regularly use social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter to promote your blog, you’ll make a name for yourself as an author. This will help increase your success as a blogger. Links and portals like these are a great way to reach more people.
Tips to Consider:
- There are many good blogging platforms available with Blogger and WordPress being the most commonly used services. Both are great free platforms that allow one to quickly set up a blog for free. Blogger has the advantage of allowing commercial content whereas with WordPress you must upgrade to a premium service to post commercial content. Let your purpose for blogging be your guide when choosing a blogging platform.
- Give your readers the opportunity to subscribe to your blog and your RSS feed. When people can have good content delivered hot and fresh, you increase your value to them ten fold. Keep the subscribe button in an easy to find place and deliver good content regularly to dissuade readers from discontinuing.
- Make a mailing list. This can be essential to retaining and growing your audience. This is also a step that shouldn’t be applied too early. You should wait until you start having a large number of regular readers. This can be essential if you are writing for a specific niche.
- Actively encourage readers to comment on your posts. This keeps your readers active in your blog. In addition, you should make an effort to respond to readers’ comments as often as possible. This will get readers to come back to your site to continue the conversation.
- Be sure to enable threaded comments. Some blog sites let you chose the depth of your threaded comments. The standard one tends to be about 5. Before those options existed, you had to download plugins. These threaded comments provide a great visual enhancer, and they can help boost the conversations on your blog.
So you now see that blogging can be an enjoyable way to communicate online, without the typical formality that exists when conducting business. When your site visitors are relaxed and well informed, they will be more likely to trust you and invest in your products or services. Take the insights gained here and put them to work in your own blogging efforts.