The topic of transfers of famous football players is always popular. Fans are actively discussing the possibility of buying or selling players by their favorite teams, and experts are evaluating the prospects of stars to fit into new teams. Bookmakers also do not stand aside. Many betting sites offer bets on specific transfers. It would seem that the winter season has just recently closed, and now there is a lot of talk about future transfers. Of particular interest are well-known players whose contract ends in the summer, which will allow them to transfer to another team for free.
Free Agents Team 2023
We offer a symbolic team of potential free agents in the summer of 2023:
- David De Gea (Manchester United) It’s hard to believe that Manchester United will release their main goalkeeper, who is only 32 years old, for free, but there has been no announcement of a contract extension yet.
- Milan Skrinjar (Inter) The Slovak defender practically moved to PSG in the winter, but decided to stay in order to leave for free in the summer. The probability that he will end up in France is 99.9%.
- Sergio Ramos (PSG) The legendary Spaniard has gained good shape this season, so the contract extension by the club is still possible.
- Evan Ndika (Eintracht Frankfurt) The promising French center-back is likely to join Spain’s Barcelona this summer.
- N’Golo Kante (Chelsea) One of the best defensive midfielders in the world has been plagued by injuries lately, so it is possible that London will not object to his departure.
- Ilkay Gundogan (MS) The German midfielder is close to leaving the club, for which he has been playing since 2016. They say Barcelona are interested in him.
- Youri Tielemans (Leicester) The Belgian midfielder is close to signing a contract with Arsenal.
- Luka Modrić (Real Madrid) The Croatian legend turns 38 this year, but it is highly likely that Real Madrid will offer him an extended contract.
- Ángel Di María (Juventus) The Argentinian’s contract with the club expires, but he himself expresses a desire to stay in Italy or in another European top league.
- Roberto Firmino (Liverpool) The Brazilian is a real legend at Liverpool, but apparently they believe that his peak is already behind him. There is already interest in the striker in Saudi Arabia.
- Lionel Messi (PSG) Whether to extend the contract or not will be decided solely by Messi, who can use the extension option. While negotiations drag on.
It is possible that since the moment of writing this article some of the players listed have already signed new agreements with their clubs, as happened with Real Madrid’s Karim Benzema, but in most cases the situation remains uncertain. On some betting websites you can place a special bet on upcoming transfers. For example, the fact that Messi will stay at PSG, return to Barcelona, continue his career in the US or the Middle East.