Blogging is one of the most popular ways to express yourself online. With a blog, you can share your ideas and insights with the whole world. One of the most popular blogging platforms is WordPress. If you are interested in learning more about this powerful tool, the following article can help. Check out add-ons to find simple tools which will make your site or blog better. For example, you could add a calendar to your side menu bar in order to share events that would be interesting to your readers. You can also find many great add-ons which provide control for advertising, turning your site into a revenue maker. Here are tips if you Want To Learn More About WordPress We Can Help.
Things to Consider:
- Allow all of the users that visit your site the ability to comment using Facebook. This is a very important tool that will get your name across to hundreds of thousands of people. The Simple Facebook Connect plugin can be used if you want to install this feature on your site.
- If you are new to WordPress, make sure to keep your sidebar simple. Make sure that it only has the essentials. Your visitors shouldn’t have to weed through a ton of ads and banners to find the links they want to click on. Try removing the items in Appearance & Widgets that don’t contribute anything to your cause or business.
- Remember to make good use of the footer area at the bottom of your WordPress blog pages. In this area you can include additional information about yourself and/or your copyright. You can also add a link to another page if you wish. Different themes give you more use of this area, so choose your themes carefully to maximize the value of your page footers.
- Make sure your media library isn’t too confusing. Direct uploading of images into your library seems easy and tempting, but it can get messy fast. Instead, create folders and place your images in the appropriate folders. In time, when you wish to go back and find something, it will be easy to do.
How start Words Press:
- Consider using a password manager. Choosing a secure password for your blog is important. It’s important that your password be difficult to guess and changed regularly. Unfortunately, a password that’s hard to crack can be just as difficult for you to remember. Password managers can be used to randomly generate and keep track of your passwords.
- Take the time to log out of your site every once in a while. Go back and look at it as a visitor. Doing so could allow you to see something that you are missing when you are logged in as an administrator. This step will not take very long, but it should set your mind at ease that everything is functioning the way that it should be.
- Use images properly on your WordPress site. They can add everything from beauty to interest to your pages. Use their alternative text tags and title tags properly. Don’t settle for generic descriptions. You need to make them specific so that your visitors know exactly what they are. This also helps them figure out what your site is about.
- Make sure your site has the most recent version of WordPress. These updates can fix certain issues with WordPress, including vulnerabilities. You are more likely to be attacked by malware if you have an old version of WordPress. So, to keep your site secure, always install WordPress updates.
- If you want to have a landing page as the front page of your site, you will first need to create a “home” page and then a second page for your blog. Next, go into Reading Settings and click the static page radio button. Choose your home page for the front page and your blog page for the posts page.
Did you spend a lot of time making changes to your blog, only to check it out and see none of the changes took effect? Do not fret, you just need to clear your cache. Find out how to clear the cache on the browser you are using, clear it and the changes should show up. Have you ever wanted to start your own blog? Now that you have read this article, you should have a better idea of how you can use WordPress to blog. Getting started is really not so hard once you take the time to learn the basics. Use these tips to get started today.